International Fitness Institute Fitness Courses Delivery Model
Looking for a flexible and easy to follow fitness course that will give you the up-to-date skills you need? Discover why our unique and effective delivery model is the best choice!
At the International Fitness Institute, we want to ensure you are fully aware of what is expected of you when studying one of our fitness courses. The delivery model for our fitness courses and personal training courses online is fully inclusive and easy to follow, giving you the tools you need to succeed in your new fitness career. Discover below the steps involved, as well as the skills and knowledge you will gain as you progress through our fitness courses.
The Delivery Model
Start your journey in the fitness industry through IFI’s internationally recognised personal training courses. There are four keys areas to be completed in this course:
- Study the Level 1 strength & conditioning coach course – Offered in partnership with Sportecoach Pty Ltd, this course provides the basic level knowledge and skills to understand, apply and design training programs to improve a client’s performance. 10 hours of practical coaching under the supervision of a qualified strength & conditioning coach and 20 hours of unsupervised strength and conditioning coaching is also required for this qualification.
- Begin training clients & earning an income – Gain real-world, hands-on experience by training clients and earning an income at the same time!
- Study IFI’s industry skills modules & complete practical log book tasks – Our industry skills modules are structured according to current industry requirements and the associated log book tasks will keep track of the skills you have gained through your studies.
- Complete the SIS40210 Certificate IV in Fitness (RTO code 41171) – This qualification is completed prior to graduating from our Elite Personal Training courses online.
Our courses are delivered using a blended model that incorporates online theory with practical application. We use a contemporary learning management system that not only adheres to eLearning best practice, but is also very user-friendly.
Level 1 Strength & Conditioning Coach Course
For your first practical coaching experience you will work under the direct supervision of a qualified strength & conditioning coach for a minimum of 10 hours. During this time your practical skills will be assessed coaching the broad physical qualities of strength, speed, endurance & flexibility. Components for assessment include, but are not limited to:
- Training session organisation & management – Learn how to develop and organise an effective training session as well as control and manage the session so it runs smoothly, providing the desired outcome/s for clients.
- Exercise demonstration & explanation – All good fitness trainers need to be able to demonstrate and explain the correct way for an exercise to be performed so it is safe and effective.
- Movement analysis – Learn how to observe and analyse the biomechanics of your clients so you can offer the correct advice on how to improve technique and performance.
- Provision of technical feedback – Gain a comprehensive knowledge of exercise techniques so you can provide accurate feedback to clients and help them improve their technique to achieve fitness goals.
- Appropriate communication techniques – To effectively provide the right advice, you must learn how to communicate your message effectively. This will ensure that your clients understand you and can convert your advice into action with ease.
In addition you will be required to perform another 20 hours of unsupervised coaching. This will ensure that you are fully equipped to competently complete all tasks required of you in the real world without supervision.
Industry Skills & Log Book Tasks
Once you have completed all requirements for the Level 1 Strength & Conditioning Coach qualification you will then progress to the ‘Industry skills’ section of the course. This consists of two (2) key elements:
Online Personal Training Modules
These online modules include lectures, activities and group discussions. All personal training lessons are administered online so you can access the materials from any location and on any device. We also promote social learning through group discussions and providing access to other social online tools to broaden your knowledge and promote collaboration.
Practical Experience Log Book
A practical experience log book is required where you will successfully demonstrate a number of important industry skills to your course mentor throughout your training.
Theory Taught in Industry Skills Modules
The theory you learn in the industry skills portion of our fitness courses focuses on all the relevant areas of the fitness industry including:
- Anatomy and physiology – Applied anatomy & physiology is the study of the human body and how it responds to exercise. By studying anatomy and physiology, you gain an understanding of how physical activity influences the human body.
- Client screening and assessment – Learn how to assess a range of physical capabilities and perform pre-exercise screening to prescribe specific and individualised exercise interventions.
- Exercise Programming – Learn how to prescribe and adjust best-practice exercise interventions and techniques to suit the specific needs of your clients and their fitness goals.
- Nutrition –A comprehensive understanding of nutrition principles is vital in order to offer valuable advice and assist clients with their health and fitness goals.
- Business Skills – If you wish to become a sole trader, practical knowledge and skills in the management of a fitness business is essential to be successful.
Once all of these areas have been completed – congratulations! You have now finished all qualifications that form our Fitness Coach Course! However if you are taking part in the Elite Personal Trainer Course, there is one more step that you must complete.
SIS40210 Certificate IV in Fitness Qualification
Those studying the Elite Personal Trainer course will then progress to the Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40210) qualification (RTO code 41171).
When completing our Elite Personal Training course online, the Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40210) is a must to graduate from your course. All of your prior learning will assist you in completing this portion of your course.
The Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40210) will provide valuable skills and knowledge relating to a range of roles within the fitness industry to put you on the path towards becoming a personal trainer.
This certificate consists of 15 units of competency (10 core units and 5 elective units. After completion, you will receive the full qualifications you need to start your career in the fitness industry as a personal trainer.
Fitness Course Outcomes
Upon graduation, whether you embarked on the Fitness Coach Course or the Elite Personal Trainer Course, you can feel confident knowing you are fully equipped to take on the fitness industry with your new found skills.
IFI has a number of fitness industry partners who are always seeking highly skilled graduates. We also encourage you to visit the Australian Strength & Conditioning Association’s positions vacant page for new job opportunities currently available in the industry.
Are you ready to start on your journey towards your new fitness career? Get in touch with us today and take advantage of our flexible and highly regarded fitness courses.